Travel on the 91 Express Lanes Requires a FasTrak® Transponder
All vehicles, including carpoolers, traveling on the 91 Express Lanes must properly display a FasTrak® or FasTrak® Flex® transponder linked to a valid account. Travel without a properly mounted transponder is subject to citation by the CHP and the issuance of a toll evasion violation notice.
91 Express Lanes does not have an one-time toll payment option.
A FasTrak® transponder issued by any of the California toll operators will work on the 91 Express Lanes.
Installing a FasTrak® Transponder
The 91 Express Lanes requires all users to have a transponder mounted according to these instructions.
Interior Mounted Transponder Installation
- 1. Clean mounting area inside of windshield and let dry.
- 2. Peel backing and affix to inside windshield, smoothing the sticker flat or pressing the switchable transponder’s adhesive strips firmly against the glass.
Exterior Mounted Transponder Installation
- 1. Clean and dry the vehicle headlamp in the chosen tag placement area.
- 2. Carefully remove the transponder sticker tag by peeling the backing down from the tag(see illustration below). Minimize contact with the adesive of the backing, and avoid sharply bending or folding the tag.
- 3. Locate a position on the headlamp at least 2 inches from any metal and smoothly press the transponder against the headlamp surface working from on end to avoid tapping air bubbles.