The Riverside County Transportation Commission (RCTC), OCTA and project partners have begun construction of the State Route 91 Corridor Improvement Project (also known as “The 91 Project”). This project will significantly improve an 8-mile stretch of the 91 between Interstate 15 and the Orange County-Riverside County line.
The project entails extending the tolled 91 Express Lanes in Orange County to I-15, adding regular lanes, auxiliary lanes and direct express lane connectors from the northbound 15 to the westbound 91 and from the eastbound 91 to the southbound 15. Improvements to interchanges, ramps and surface streets also will be made as part of this project. During construction motorists can expect temporary lane closures and ramp closures. Efforts will be made to restrict closures to off-peak hours whenever possible. To receive Construction Alerts, please click here. Safety is the highest priority, so commuters are urged to:
- Slow down and watch for workers and heavy equipment
- Allow extra travel time
- Tell friends and customers about construction activity
- Take extra care when driving at night and during inclement weather
- Avoid mobile phone use and other distractions
- Watch for lane and ramp closures; use alternate routes and follow detours
- Obey the “Move Over” law. This law requires travelers to move to lanes away from any construction work when it is safe to do so.
This is a short-term inconvenience for a long-term traffic solution. Learn more at www.sr91project.info or call the project helpline at (877) 770-9191.